Other links

Saturday 7 April 2012

Minecraft; The Novel - Entry 1

“One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility” – Albert Einstein

The sea rolled slowly, mist had rolled in and the sun was rising slowly as I awoke, gasping for air as I crawled onto the beach. I choked, coughing up the sea water which had been in my lungs. My first thoughts of terror had to be pushed aside quickly; I was lost, trapped on some deserted island. The sun was rising quickly... too quickly. If I was still on earth then the geostationary orbit had certainly been messed up.

“Where am I?” I shouted but only the slow rolling waves responded. There was a rustle in the nearby tree, it was a Spider. A huge spider, my mind was made up instantly, this couldn’t be Earth. The spider was massive compared to regular spiders which I had been so accustomed to seeing back on Earth. It screeched and I lashed at it with my fist, leaving it with a clawed scar.

It leapt forward and i jumped back instinctively between the nearby trees. The spiders glare penetrated my mind, its red eyes staring blankly at me before it turned and scuttled away through the undergrowth. The shock had scared me into thinking more about where I was. If this wasn’t Earth then where was it? From what little I remembered of my life on Earth no planet encountered was like this, even the most recent planets only showed some forms of undeveloped life forms. As I thought about Earth, the less I seemed to be able to remember.

By the time I had finished mussing over my previous life, the sun had reached its optimum height, and it was midday. I scanned the area again; the spider was nowhere to be seen. My stomach grumbled and I reluctantly began searching again for food. I walked until I came to a clearing, a sheep grazed on some grass, a cow plodded slowly along beside it. I felt my stomach groan and my health fade away as I collapsed from malnutrition, the effects of many days of starvation happening in what felt like mere minutes.

I was moments away from starvation; I had no choice... at least that’s what I would keep telling myself after. I had never killed before, at least in my vastly deteriorating knowledge of Earth, I had never killed. Now I had to. I had no weapons, nothing at all; the cow was less than a meter away grazing next to the sheep. I crawled over quickly and using my remaining strength, I pounced. When it was done, my hands were sore and I held several pieces of raw beef. I ate a piece and immediately threw up over the cow carcass that remained lying beside me.

In a last minute choice I quickly stripped the cow of leather. It took me till mid-evening but i had finally finished. I had constructed a make-shift rucksack. I quickly put my remaining piece of raw beef into the pack and continued onwards. I needed a weapon; my experience with the cow was something I didn’t want to have to go through. The blood stained my clothes and the cold was sapping my strength.

I searched for some twigs and quickly gathered some along with some nearby cobblestone. I quickly crafted some weapons. My short time in boy scouts paying off immensely as I looked at my new stone axe, sword and shovel. The sun was setting, the day had gone quickly and the moon was already rising. I needed somewhere to stay. I quickly ran for cover, hiding inside a nearby cave.

The sun disappeared and I waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness that now enveloped me. I heard a scuttling noise behind me. It was a spider, the same spider in fact, its red eyes glaring. The small cut i had made earlier was still there. It seemed to be savouring the moment as it scuttled forwards, then it jumped. I slid back but the beast landed on one of my legs causing me to scream.

I felt my head hit against the stone behind me. I was cornered, and I felt dizzy; I felt the world spinning as the spider prepared to jump again. It jumped. I was frozen in shock. “Don’t move” I turned briefly seeing a slender figure standing behind me, a thin tunnel behind. WOOSH an arrow shoot past my hair caught briefly in the breeze generated as the arrow hit its target. The spider fell dead as my saviour`s shadow fell over me. “Sarah, it’s just another zombie, leave it” a male voice rang out from the tunnel.

“Give me a second” a female voice rang out as my saviour stepped forward. Her long blond hair rolled down her back like an anime character. Her diamond armour sparkled in the faint moonlight, the bow slung across her arm as she walked forward and yanked her arrow out of the spider. Turning round with a small grin she pointed her diamond sword towards me. “You going to get up or am I going to have to put you down like that spider?”

---

Disclaimer; I do not own Minecraft, Mojang or any of that stuff. This was made solely for Minecraft Fan`s enjoyment

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, I commend you for this piece of glorious artwork; I can imagine everything in my head clear as ice. You'd make it as a writer, my friend, so go for it if you wish. You have great potential in this kind of field; good luck, friend.

    ReplyDelete